pepXML Is an open data format developed at the SPC/Institute for Systems biology for the storage, exchange, and processing of peptide sequence assignments of MS/MS scans. pepXML is intended to provide a common data output format for many different MS/MS search engines and subsequent peptide-level analyses. Several search engines already have native support for outputting pepXML and converters are available to transform output files to pepXML.
The latest version of the format is version 1.18.
- Revision 1.13
- Adds charge states +6 and +7
- Revision 1.12
- Adds non-parametric model_dis_type
- Adds "X! Tandem (k-score)" search engine
- Allows mixed unbounded sequence of mixturemodel_distributionand new mixturemodel elements
- Adds search_engine attribute to msms_run_summary
- Changes unused out_data, out_data_type attributes from required to optional
- Revision 1.11
- Schema updated to include omssa and myrimatch search engine names
- Revision 1.10
- New attributes added
Search-Engine to pepXML converters
mzIdentML: XML standard for MS, MS-MS, MSn or tag searches under development by the HUPO Proteomics Standards Initiative.
Requests for changes to the pepXML schema should be submitted to the spctools-dev mailing list.